Sunday, January 22, 2012

Staying active!

i always loved exercising. physical education at school was o-kay  for the most part, but i  really hated running though.  instead i preferred something fancier like dancing.  in the end of secondary school  i ‘ve got this  videotaped  workout of cindy crawford  from my mom’s friend  and  could not get enough of it- i  liked everything from music, accompanying lunges  to revlon’s makeup commercials with gorgeous cindy, wearing red lipstick in between workout sets.

during my first two years of medical school i  didn't have much time to exercise but surely was dancing my butt off  at the nearby dancing club ( where my  girlfriends and sisters would go 2-3 or more times per week).  we stayed quite late and surprisingly went to school in the morning without much trouble.

where those times???

someday my mom decided that we need to have fun sundays aka waking up early in the morning (the only one day off from med school when I did not have to wake up after night spent in the night club on saturday) and go to far -located gym to play volleyball with some random people. mom lured me with the opportunity to play tennis there as well so i could not resist her pleas to join her. luckily on our third or fourth  visit we met a nicest person ever, she was a step-aerobic  trainer and invited us to join her class. i totally fell in love with her step class and was such a  dedicated student that after year and a half of those workouts decided to  become a step trainer myself and got some formal education. 

i was lucky again to meet another amazing girl who was leading “belly dance” class in  the former sport school  not far from my home and i  joined her to teach my own classes which were a mix of belly dance, aerobics, strength training and stretch, (yes, that was quite a mix!). it started slowly with 3-4 clients in the room expanding to the full house thanks to popularity wave of belly dancing in our city.
in the matter of a few month i was roaming around astrakhan after med school wards to teach my  signature aerobic/belly dance classes and  fulfilling my love for dance. at some point i was involved with 5 -6 different locations-  little aerobic studios were popping up like mushrooms after the rain.  i was getting great work outs myself and was getting paid very well,  double win! 



No comments:

Post a Comment